You will begin to see some new bags containing your workbooks.
We have decided not removed the use of bags as we would like to ensure that your workbooks are dry and you received them in good condition so, we have been looking into more eco-friendly options.
here is some information on our new bags
ComPlast bags are made primarily from cassava root, a natural organic starch. They are biodegradable under aerobic composting conditions, and they do not leave any chemical trace elements behind following degradation in the soil, rivers, sea or air. They produce no harmful, long lasting micro plastic particles.
Complast bag facts:
- Made from cassava root – which is an all natural starch – vegetable oil and vegetable based polymer, and tested to be 99.5% organic matter.
- Decomposes back to nature with bio-degradation tested at a rate of 91.5% in 241 days in uncontrolled composting and 84% in 84 days in controlled composting.
- Dissolves in the sea and rivers, tested at a rate of 81% within 133 days in sea water and 90% within 141 days in river water.
- Non-toxic – passing all plant toxicity tests. (Tests EN13432 and OECD 423)
- During biodegradation, it is non-toxic. From this amazing material, we make bags that work for any task that currently uses plastic – including rubbish bags, kitchen tidy bags, carrier bags and pet waste bags.
Did you know?
To demonstrate rapid biodegradation you can stir it into a boiling jug of water it disappears within seconds.
Please be safe and make sure children are well clear of the boiling water if you choose to try this experiment.